Big Sky Pinot Noir
• Colour: Purple -ruby in colour.
• Bouquet: Sweet aromas of red berries, with a hint of violets and vanilla followed by
secondary earthy notes.
• Palate: Black Cherry and red berry fruit characters with a hint of cinnamon and a
chocolately finish supported by firm tannins.
• Food Match: Ideal with gamey meats. It also suits lighter dishes such as salmon and lamb.
• Cellaring: Can be enjoyed now or cellared for up to 5 years.
• Growing Region: Te Muna Road, Martinborough
• Variety: Pinot Noir -- clone 115 (80%) , 10-5 (10%) and Abel (10%)
• Viticulture: 22 and 13 year old vines. Harvested at 23 to 24 brix. Crop managed
to 1.5 t/ acre.
• Winemaking: Fully destemmed. Whole berry ferment. 7 days cold soak, 7 days
ferment, 10 days maceration before pressing. Spring malo in barrel.
• Maturation: 11 months in 20% new French oak barriques. Fined with gelatine.
• Alcohol: 12.5 vol
We Also Recommend