No.1 Cuvee Blanc de Blancs
Cuvée N° 1 is already highly regarded and well renowned, both throughout New Zealand and internationally, winning numerous Trophies, Gold Medals and Five star awards since its release.
This release from the family's winery is 100% chardonnay (blanc de blancs), a style for which our winemaker has consistently been awarded gold medals and trophies during his career. A perfect balance between fruit and yeast, the wine was held on lees for two years allowing full autolysis displaying a tiny consistent bead, and firm mousse resulting in a typical, complex, champagne-like character. The palate is intensely flavoured and focused with the good fruit-yeast balance providing elegance and style.
• Alcohol: 12%
• Total Sugars: 9 g/L
• pH: 3.21
• Hospitality Magazine December 2011,
Best of the Best Wines Section
• Hospitality/Thirst Magazine, August 2011:
• Wild Tomato Magazine:
• 18.0-/20 Raymond Chan reviews.
• GOLD MEDAL–MUNDUSvini International
Wine Awards 2010 Germany
• SILVER MEDAL Effervescents du Monde
• SILVER MEDAL AWC Vienna International
Wine Challenge 2010.
• Best of the Best Wine Guide 2010 – TPL Media N.Z.
• 94 points, 5 stars, Sam Kim Wine Orbit
• Hospitality Magazine Menu Matching August 2010.
• Hospitality Magazine February 2010.
• Gourmet Traveller Wine Dec 2009 Top 12 N.Z.
Sparkling Wine 90 Points 4 Stars.
• Blue Gold Award – Sydney International Wine
• Bob Campbell M.W. October 2009. 4 ½ Stars
• Gold Medal – 2009 Tri nations Wine Challenge
• Silver Medal. 2009 International Wine & Spirit
• Wine Orbit November 2009 – Sam Kim. 5 Stars.
We Also Recommend